Skip to main content

Death and the Dreaming State - Personal Analysis and Intuitive Theory

Since I was a very young boy, I've been dreaming and astral projecting at night. It wasn't scary (most of the time) but a quality that I realized from a young age that only a few people understood and even fewer people had access to performing. Therefore, I shared about it little.  Last night was another astral projection experience, mixed with dreams that touch philosophic concepts, rushed me with symbolism and sometimes woke me up to confusedly look around my room and out my dawntime window.

Normally I would just wake up and stay up if I had intensely core shaking dreams (symbolism that strikes at my humanity or emotions) but today at dawn, even though I felt rested, I went back into the dream world for another look. I closed my curtains and laid down again. I believe (for me and some people born at night) that dreaming occurs more actively (or at least more memorably) between dawn and 12pm. This is probably because there are many more humans awake while a person is dreaming and thus the collective unconscious (hive mind) of the species is churning there psychic energy to the dreamer and the dreamscape.

After waking for the second time today (and choosing to write this blog), I was given an insight after being in a dream where people and friends were morning the possible death of two of their own. These dream-friends of mine, were about to go on a mission that would probably kill them. I believe they were going in a space craft or airplane and during the dream we were having a funeral/wake for them, that they attended. It was an odd occasion but it allowed people to discover actively how they relate to death and the dying. The launch of our friends was scheduled at the end of the funeral. For some it was a going away party for others it was an opportunity to morn.

My Insight was to liken death and life to waking and sleeping and DREAMING. Additionally, and because I have a lot of Saturn influences in my life (astrology), I visualized a clock that relates to the cycles of waking and dying. Since it makes sense that most children are born in the middle of the night, I would place the 12 AM feature to reflect birth/rebirth. The subsequent hours of the early morning are like dreaming and reflect the young age memories while our brains are developing. These hours are before dawn and relates to astrology in that often the Sun can be seen as the ego. Therefore, I theorize that the ego crystalizes at dawn and this time may represent "coming of age" a time when the emotions and the ego set themselves into a strategic pattern (brought on by environment including astronomy and personal interpretations/experience). I consider this the ages of 7-10 earth years.

Simply:
12AM Birth/Rebirth
DAWN (5:30 AM to 7 AM) Child transition to Ego Crystal
DAY (11 AM to 2PM) Adult Ego Consciousness (Waking Working World)
DUSK (6 PM to 8 PM) Relaxing Ego, Seeking Emotional Answers
NIGHT (9 PM to 11:59 PM) Spiritual Mystical Seeking of the Ego/Mind by Adults and Psychic Persons

We all have phases of life where death touches our minds, emotions and physical experiences. That same clock analogy can fit into the dreaming phase of awareness too, where dreams are daily for many people as death takes several occasions throughout a lifetime to encounter and come to terms with. We dream many times in a night (so it's said) and we most likely encounter the concept and first hand experience of death many times in a life time. The even more mind bending thing is that death can occur in dreams and that many theologies suggest that life is simply a dream.

So astral projection, is that a form of micro-death and rebirth?  Many people have described astral projection featurettes of themselves floating as a spirit over their bodies in a car accident or emergency room situation where they are dead or near death. It was said to me that in Indian Astrology forecasting death dates are important because if a person knew how long their life was perhaps they would never waste a moment. I know that I will never spend my life in a cubicle working because of how aware I am of death and the process of experiencing life deeply.

My quest to understand these things is far from over, and for now I am just a man who grew from a boy who never left Death's side.

I live my life with Death's Door forever in Sight. 


Depiction of a Sybil, psychic oracle of ancient times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become a Shamanic Priest or Priestess ~ 7 day Thanksgiving Retreat

PLANT SPIRIT WISDOM, SHAMANIC MEDICINE PATH and Priest(ess) Intensive offered through the OSS This is a rare (and limited) opportunity to take part in 7 days of combined learning, nature, ritual and ceremonies with three of the worlds most powerful and important teacher plants: Saint Ysidro, Saint Peter and the Shepherdess. The course includes three ceremonies, hiking and daily outdoor activities, Shamanic storytelling and Socratic Method Teaching.  Training includes: ~Native Sweat Lodge Ceremony ~Daily Nature and Cave Hikes ~Intro to Soul Retrieval ~Power Animal Communion ~Daily Musical Journeys ~Salvia Divinorum Ceremony  ~Book Study from:  The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner AND   Awakening to the Spirit World by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman ~Daily Healthy Meals ~Hot/Cold Tubs and Steam Room Please email me for an information pack, questions, scholarships or donations: WakingWithin@gmail.com _______________________________________________ Wha

Yoga Swami and Encinitas History

Readers and Yoga Adventurers, Just recently called the Yoga Mecca of the USA, Encinitas CA and Yoga Swami (where I teach two days a week) are special and are a must visit for any yoga adventurers. See the article in the winter 2008 copy of the Encinitas magazine. http://www.encinitasmag.com/about.html Encinitas, Swami's Surf Spot, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and Leucadia...can be consider spiritual vortex hotspots. This evident in the number of places to worship just on the coast (west of hwy 101) near the cliffside beachs or Swami's and Moonlight. So my mother's family (mexican americans) lived in Encinitas during the period of time when Paramahansa Yogananda (the Swami that Swami's is named after). This time period was about the 1930's- 1940's. At this time Encinitas, was well liked by Swami Yogananda and he settled there for sometime. Swami Yogananda was a capricorn and he was a very involved meditator and yoga practicioner. His foundation still exists in E

Dreaming in the Dark Times 4: Mold and Sage

  Article: Mold and Sage Series: Dreaming in the Dark Times Many times growing up in Southern California have I communed with White Sage (Salvia Apiana). It grew in my hometown. It grows on the property that my family and I own in Aguanga, CA. I learned to pick it and bundle it before I was fully initiated into manhood (sometime between my first sexual experience and my first sweat lodge with a Lakota Medicine woman). I recently made some Dreaming Jaguar smokes at my old job site (Happy High Herbs/Rainbow Bliss Botanicals in Tempe AZ) and included white sage but wasn’t able to continue making them because of the popularity of this herb and the trouble keeping it in stock. I really just included it for flavor then. I had forgotten all the dreams I had of the sage fields before. In the last week, for the first time in many human years, I returned to my family land and the sage fields. I made offerings of guardianship and good will towards the sage plants on my land and collected a modest