Skip to main content

Dreaming the Dark Times 3: Salvia and Mushrooms for Seers

 



Salvia the diviner’s mint, is one of the most powerful psychedelics in the natural world. It along with Magic Mushrooms are used traditionally by Meso-American shamans (Mazatepec, Mazatec, Zapotec, etc) and my ancestors for purposes of healing and visions. Unequivocally, magic mushrooms which are containers of psilocin, psilocybin and baeocystin have been consumed by nearly all our ancestors including lighter skinned and nordic peoples. Salvia has only recently become a whole world phenomenon with many places banning it. Most western people take salvia as an extracted smoke, while most people in history chewed the leaves and burned them dried and unextracted.


Salvia when taken orally as opposed to smoking seems to be the best focus of this article on dreaming. Some psychedelic effects are possible with this method especially if you are holding your saliva (spit) in your mouth for at least 20 minutes along with the herb or extract. Most of these are spiritual, central nervous system activating, relaxing, and produce closed eye visuals. Salvia or La Pastora (the Shepherdess) is known for green streamers and vines that seem to have a form of language or intelligence. Versus smoking, tincture in a concentration above 10x or whole fresh leaves held in my mouth (no swallowing) for 20 min is my preferred experience with this true Entheogen and Onierogen.


Since the Shepherdess is relaxing to my central nervous system, she is especially helpful in helping me to return to sleep and especially after having a challenging or emotional dream that wakes me up. Between Mugwort and Salvia Divinorum, I usually have these tinctured medicines bedside. Dreaming can be lucid to real-world intellectual and include problem solving and reading.


Magic mushrooms, while not directly a dreaming herb, can be a cognition enhancer, can calm and support the breath, lungs, heart and central nervous system. If taken in lower doses and with the correct environment (set and setting), they produce exceptional results for personal growth and spiritual contact (generally in the positive). It’s worth mentioning that the philosopher Terrence McKenna called them and their chemical psilocybin, “evidence of an alien probe” because of its resemblance to DMT.  I’ve large dosed, microdosed and had the active ingredients in magic mushrooms absorb into my skin. I think there is really something to the skin consumption of fresh mushrooms and the processing of spores that’s worth further investigation.


These two sacred substances were taken together or alone depending on the shaman and the seasonal environment. In my practice, my goals are lucid dreaming and understanding visions of the future and my personal psychology as it manifests through dreaming nightly. If all humans on this planet followed these practices of self reflection and consumed these two Oneirogens weekly, our world would be in a better way, and much of the natural order of the planet would be restored and stewarded.


The mushrooms are children of the stars and their alien friends are here to watch over them as they cultivate us.


Trevahr

Hugh T Alkemi

of Mushroomshaman.com

Social:

@mushroomshaman

insta @mushroomshamanism 


#Salvia #shrooms

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become a Shamanic Priest or Priestess ~ 7 day Thanksgiving Retreat

PLANT SPIRIT WISDOM, SHAMANIC MEDICINE PATH and Priest(ess) Intensive offered through the OSS This is a rare (and limited) opportunity to take part in 7 days of combined learning, nature, ritual and ceremonies with three of the worlds most powerful and important teacher plants: Saint Ysidro, Saint Peter and the Shepherdess. The course includes three ceremonies, hiking and daily outdoor activities, Shamanic storytelling and Socratic Method Teaching.  Training includes: ~Native Sweat Lodge Ceremony ~Daily Nature and Cave Hikes ~Intro to Soul Retrieval ~Power Animal Communion ~Daily Musical Journeys ~Salvia Divinorum Ceremony  ~Book Study from:  The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner AND   Awakening to the Spirit World by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman ~Daily Healthy Meals ~Hot/Cold Tubs and Steam Room Please email me for an information pack, questions, scholarships or donations: WakingWithin@gmail.com _______________________________________________ Wha

Yoga Swami and Encinitas History

Readers and Yoga Adventurers, Just recently called the Yoga Mecca of the USA, Encinitas CA and Yoga Swami (where I teach two days a week) are special and are a must visit for any yoga adventurers. See the article in the winter 2008 copy of the Encinitas magazine. http://www.encinitasmag.com/about.html Encinitas, Swami's Surf Spot, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and Leucadia...can be consider spiritual vortex hotspots. This evident in the number of places to worship just on the coast (west of hwy 101) near the cliffside beachs or Swami's and Moonlight. So my mother's family (mexican americans) lived in Encinitas during the period of time when Paramahansa Yogananda (the Swami that Swami's is named after). This time period was about the 1930's- 1940's. At this time Encinitas, was well liked by Swami Yogananda and he settled there for sometime. Swami Yogananda was a capricorn and he was a very involved meditator and yoga practicioner. His foundation still exists in E

Dreaming in the Dark Times 4: Mold and Sage

  Article: Mold and Sage Series: Dreaming in the Dark Times Many times growing up in Southern California have I communed with White Sage (Salvia Apiana). It grew in my hometown. It grows on the property that my family and I own in Aguanga, CA. I learned to pick it and bundle it before I was fully initiated into manhood (sometime between my first sexual experience and my first sweat lodge with a Lakota Medicine woman). I recently made some Dreaming Jaguar smokes at my old job site (Happy High Herbs/Rainbow Bliss Botanicals in Tempe AZ) and included white sage but wasn’t able to continue making them because of the popularity of this herb and the trouble keeping it in stock. I really just included it for flavor then. I had forgotten all the dreams I had of the sage fields before. In the last week, for the first time in many human years, I returned to my family land and the sage fields. I made offerings of guardianship and good will towards the sage plants on my land and collected a modest