Skip to main content

Journey of Las Medicinas y Church of the Sacred Spiral

Dear Friends,

Some of you joined us and many of you heard that last weekend we completed a beautiful series on the Magic Cactus with our Ethnobotany students. I held space along with some of my dearest friends and presented a series of Neo-Shamanic altars and rituals. The divine Earth we walked upon for our journey to healing was a blessed and sacred site that my family owns on the back side Palomar Mountain.

As we got out of the city and into the country, I prayed for perfect weather and perfect community. Sunday throughout the ritual and the hiking that preceded said ritual, I was overwhelmed with GRACE for those who chose to stay behind and not attend this journey. I honored their path and allow them to continued to build trust in themselves and the medicine work and in nature and weather.

When we arrived, the weather was perfect and mild and incredibly...there was rain everywhere except for where we hiked. All week and the day before, people were scared of bad weather and hard times for this journey, when actually nothing of difficulty in the weather crossed us. My inner guides spoke with me and assured me all week and whilst I prayed over and prepared the medicine (for six days I might add), that we would do the ritual and the hike safely "rain or shine" and that even though many people threatened to be absent if it rained that this was a test of my faith in the Father Sky.

Of course, Mother Earth and Father Sky took care of us. And everyone of us had a breakthrough in the bitterness of the medicine, letting go, trust and teamwork, outdoors-manship, honest sharing, music making, dancing,and altar building.

For me the most pivetal stuff was sharing the names of all friends and family who needed healing. By this time it was dark and we had shared so many times that people we really free and felt the trust of our circle and offered boldly the names of loved ones, rivals, strangers, recently passed family, and private names for themselves.

I was touched and honored and will always remember this experience of March 7th 2010 and the Journey of the Magic Cactus. Afterwards we came home to eat and decompress and do one final alter and circular share. Sometime around 3am I got to bed but my dreams have been so vivid and memorable that for the last two nights, I feel like I am living two lives (waking and dreaming realities).

On Monday, March 8th 2010 we contacted the IRS via phone and collected the necessary answers and information about the Sacred Spiral becoming an official church with a Non-Profit status and Organizing Documents of which lawyers will review and submit to the state. This means that in a matter of weeks (and some attorney fees) we will be official conducting Shamanic and Mystic Ceremonies within State regulations under the name "Sacred Spiral".

As we gather resources and I offer healing services and ceremonies as a Shamanic Minister in the state of California, our community organization will dedicate itself to funding the lawyer fees of $2,000 (yes, Universe we are asking you for MONEY for create healing community!) and to partnering with Liberty Advance and the Native American Church (two established non-profit religious organizations)in the Southern California areas.

Check out my brother's blog at http://orderofthesacredspiral.blogspot.com/ and help us collect funds for communities worldwide as we change lives through community and the miracle of altered states, yoga, dance, herbalism, and alchemy.

We are also looking for scholarships to the MAPS conference (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Sciences) in San Jose CA on April 15th-18th 2010.

http://www.maps.org/conference/

DONATE TO OUR CHURCH and help us pay Lawyer fees https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JM8K9NYRMVEHJ

Namaste,

Trevahr R Hughes
Yogi and Shamanic Minister
760-713-6710
"Me@Trevahr.com"

Comments

nice blog & thk for sharing, nice to meet u, wish all the best to u
6-^

Popular posts from this blog

Become a Shamanic Priest or Priestess ~ 7 day Thanksgiving Retreat

PLANT SPIRIT WISDOM, SHAMANIC MEDICINE PATH and Priest(ess) Intensive offered through the OSS This is a rare (and limited) opportunity to take part in 7 days of combined learning, nature, ritual and ceremonies with three of the worlds most powerful and important teacher plants: Saint Ysidro, Saint Peter and the Shepherdess. The course includes three ceremonies, hiking and daily outdoor activities, Shamanic storytelling and Socratic Method Teaching.  Training includes: ~Native Sweat Lodge Ceremony ~Daily Nature and Cave Hikes ~Intro to Soul Retrieval ~Power Animal Communion ~Daily Musical Journeys ~Salvia Divinorum Ceremony  ~Book Study from:  The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner AND   Awakening to the Spirit World by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman ~Daily Healthy Meals ~Hot/Cold Tubs and Steam Room Please email me for an information pack, questions, scholarships or donations: WakingWithin@gmail.com _______________________________________________ Wha

Yoga Swami and Encinitas History

Readers and Yoga Adventurers, Just recently called the Yoga Mecca of the USA, Encinitas CA and Yoga Swami (where I teach two days a week) are special and are a must visit for any yoga adventurers. See the article in the winter 2008 copy of the Encinitas magazine. http://www.encinitasmag.com/about.html Encinitas, Swami's Surf Spot, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and Leucadia...can be consider spiritual vortex hotspots. This evident in the number of places to worship just on the coast (west of hwy 101) near the cliffside beachs or Swami's and Moonlight. So my mother's family (mexican americans) lived in Encinitas during the period of time when Paramahansa Yogananda (the Swami that Swami's is named after). This time period was about the 1930's- 1940's. At this time Encinitas, was well liked by Swami Yogananda and he settled there for sometime. Swami Yogananda was a capricorn and he was a very involved meditator and yoga practicioner. His foundation still exists in E

Dreaming in the Dark Times 4: Mold and Sage

  Article: Mold and Sage Series: Dreaming in the Dark Times Many times growing up in Southern California have I communed with White Sage (Salvia Apiana). It grew in my hometown. It grows on the property that my family and I own in Aguanga, CA. I learned to pick it and bundle it before I was fully initiated into manhood (sometime between my first sexual experience and my first sweat lodge with a Lakota Medicine woman). I recently made some Dreaming Jaguar smokes at my old job site (Happy High Herbs/Rainbow Bliss Botanicals in Tempe AZ) and included white sage but wasn’t able to continue making them because of the popularity of this herb and the trouble keeping it in stock. I really just included it for flavor then. I had forgotten all the dreams I had of the sage fields before. In the last week, for the first time in many human years, I returned to my family land and the sage fields. I made offerings of guardianship and good will towards the sage plants on my land and collected a modest