Skip to main content

The Path of The Psychedelic Shaman in 2010


So the topic has come up clearly amongst my students and friends whose interested around psychedelics and altered states has finally peaked into practice:

Is vomiting good for you? Is it healthy to throw up?

Do the medicines considered Purgatives, have negative effects that throw the body off to the point of dysfunction? Do magic mushrooms have negative/toxifying effects when compared to someone else's so called cleaning medicines (ayahuasca and peyote)?


_____________________________________________
My teacher and I went round and round today in speculation of herbs and healing as it relates to the body's psychoactive breakthroughs and potential healings.

As he spoke, so many memories reminded me of how my primary medicinal study had been with mushroom medicine as it was originally involved with yoga, the rig veda, Christianity, the garden of Eden, and Aryan or Brahman Shamanism (not just psychoactive shrooms but all fungi). We talked about the mellow and medicinal effect of magic mushrooms versus the stimulating effects of Mescalito (Peyote and San Pedro) and purgative effects Ayahuasca.

So the answer seems to be a matter of conflicting research and traditional belief systems. And yes, my teacher replied that too much throwing up is bad for your body and sometimes too little or NO VOMITING is bad for your body.

The story related to me was one of his experience with fighting the "throwing up" urges with Cannibus, only to be met with advice (from Native American Medicine People) that one must allow the purge to occur as part of the healing. At this time, I brought up a question that one of my students posed about, Ayahuasca being more pure and healing to the body than mushrooms. At this, my teacher reminded me that mushrooms rarely create an irresistible urge to throw up and contain an immune system stimulating constituents that help fight off cold and virus.

_________________________________
In the next 60 days, Sacred Spiral and the human Trevahr (me) are going through some testing phases as the organizational body and I "take on" the Ayahuasca and Peyote herbs (always under religious and ceremonial and legal circumstances)in order to better experience and discover the answers to this question and to fully reveal these experiences as a healing path for the community.

I personally feel that my body is going to vomit and that it needs to in order to heal pain, gallbladder and other internal organs.

As I hold faith and step into my power with these medicines and move to create organization in the Sacred Spiral church for this sort of journey work, I am excited but fearful because of stories about being unable to throw up and warnings that I could lose my sanity in this substance.

From the Herbalist standpoint that my teacher and I hold...there is no normal reason why anyone would have to take the Ayahuasca medicine in high doses for several days a week for months or more...this may be where the danger lies...although this statement is opinion.

Weird and unwelcome reflections of shamanism have come out of urban society and San Diego. Nonetheless, I shall walk through the mirror into full "presence and power" and completely heal myself of these physical and emotional pains this year!

In the meantime, my practice, with friends and other healers, deepens into weekly sessions and discipline of time and monetary resources such that I make it to the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Sciences Conference in April as well as create abundant funding for our non-profit lawyer fees.

As a weekly mushroom hunter and American of Mexican descent, I am most intrigued with something else that my teacher spoke about today: Magic Mushrooms as Mazatec (ie Maria Sabina) religious sacrament.

I feel that Mushrooms as healing medicine and faith enhancers runs in my blood...or rather my mother's blood.... And may be one of the best manifest destiny paths that I have to offer the world for the next 5 to 10 years(especially the United States).

Theoretically and probably, our church can pioneer a sacred path of religious legal protection and use of Magic Mushrooms through Mazatec customs and traditions (wow what a concept!).

This kind of healing and safe relationship is long overdue in the United States because of some non-sense about mushrooms being a narcotic schedule 1 offense because of their psilocybin content and are therefore expressed in legal language as a drug containing substance or a container that transports narcotics.

Under the same clarity created over Ayahuasca/Santo Daime vs. the Supreme Court, we may create understanding at Mushrooms are "God Given Natural Sacraments" and medicines for faithful healing especially within the religions of the Mexican peoples in the regions of my great grandparents...Zacatecas and the Sierra Madre.

I am a faithful healer, ordained minister, community organizer, and dutiful teacher/researcher and I believe in Earth Wisdom as well as Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and many others. My agenda extends deeper into human freedom, rights, and education...

If one takes a long and loving look at history and human anthropology, he or she will certainly discover that altered states (ie. Shamanism) occurs in every faith/religion and in every human life...thus I call you to legalize Nature...not just the Earth and the plants but LEGALIZE HUMAN NATURE...as it is human nature to have shifts of perception and consciousness...and furthermore it's healthy.

Keep Practicing Your Yoga,

Rev. T Hughes
Alchemical Priest
Me@trevahr.com

Help us create this community and pay our lawyer fees (Goal of $2000) https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JM8K9NYRMVEHJ

Comments

Unknown said…
Over the last 20 years, the popularity of
yoga therapy has increased from nearly no interest to being one

of the most popular exercise regimes around. To match the increasing demand for yoga, more and more yoga centers are opening

all the time. For those of us looking for something new, or just starting out for the first time, the choices can be

daunting.

There are many different schools and styles of yoga including Iyengar, Ashtanga, power yoga, Bikram (hot), Kundilini,

Viniyoga to name just a few. Although all of these schools of yoga essentially teach the same Hatha yoga asanas (yoga

postures), the objectives of the class and the way the postures are performed and taught are very different for each.
Thumb said…
very interesting blog here. for people wanting to know about hallucinogenic plants, click the link to the article. Very informative for the beginner wanting to know more about shaman practices and the types of plants that are used.

Popular posts from this blog

Become a Shamanic Priest or Priestess ~ 7 day Thanksgiving Retreat

PLANT SPIRIT WISDOM, SHAMANIC MEDICINE PATH and Priest(ess) Intensive offered through the OSS This is a rare (and limited) opportunity to take part in 7 days of combined learning, nature, ritual and ceremonies with three of the worlds most powerful and important teacher plants: Saint Ysidro, Saint Peter and the Shepherdess. The course includes three ceremonies, hiking and daily outdoor activities, Shamanic storytelling and Socratic Method Teaching.  Training includes: ~Native Sweat Lodge Ceremony ~Daily Nature and Cave Hikes ~Intro to Soul Retrieval ~Power Animal Communion ~Daily Musical Journeys ~Salvia Divinorum Ceremony  ~Book Study from:  The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner AND   Awakening to the Spirit World by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman ~Daily Healthy Meals ~Hot/Cold Tubs and Steam Room Please email me for an information pack, questions, scholarships or donations: WakingWithin@gmail.com _______________________________________________ Wha

Yoga Swami and Encinitas History

Readers and Yoga Adventurers, Just recently called the Yoga Mecca of the USA, Encinitas CA and Yoga Swami (where I teach two days a week) are special and are a must visit for any yoga adventurers. See the article in the winter 2008 copy of the Encinitas magazine. http://www.encinitasmag.com/about.html Encinitas, Swami's Surf Spot, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and Leucadia...can be consider spiritual vortex hotspots. This evident in the number of places to worship just on the coast (west of hwy 101) near the cliffside beachs or Swami's and Moonlight. So my mother's family (mexican americans) lived in Encinitas during the period of time when Paramahansa Yogananda (the Swami that Swami's is named after). This time period was about the 1930's- 1940's. At this time Encinitas, was well liked by Swami Yogananda and he settled there for sometime. Swami Yogananda was a capricorn and he was a very involved meditator and yoga practicioner. His foundation still exists in E

Dreaming in the Dark Times 4: Mold and Sage

  Article: Mold and Sage Series: Dreaming in the Dark Times Many times growing up in Southern California have I communed with White Sage (Salvia Apiana). It grew in my hometown. It grows on the property that my family and I own in Aguanga, CA. I learned to pick it and bundle it before I was fully initiated into manhood (sometime between my first sexual experience and my first sweat lodge with a Lakota Medicine woman). I recently made some Dreaming Jaguar smokes at my old job site (Happy High Herbs/Rainbow Bliss Botanicals in Tempe AZ) and included white sage but wasn’t able to continue making them because of the popularity of this herb and the trouble keeping it in stock. I really just included it for flavor then. I had forgotten all the dreams I had of the sage fields before. In the last week, for the first time in many human years, I returned to my family land and the sage fields. I made offerings of guardianship and good will towards the sage plants on my land and collected a modest