Skip to main content

Making Love to Ska Maria Pastora

Continued from "When Salvia Speaks, I Listen."

In the next recipe attempt, I started to use inner guidance and personal shamanistic herbal teachings on the next recipe. Turns out that my lessons as a Mushroom Shaman, taught me how to move next. The Mazatec people of Mexico commonly use Salvia Divinorum but mainly when the Psychoactive (Psilocybin) Mushrooms aren't available. An elder brother on the shamanic path once asked me if I used copal or another resin (like frankincense and myrrh) to incense my mushrooms before ceremonial consumption, and explained to me how it was traditional and made their medicine stronger.

Bingo! That was what Ska Maria Pastora wanted, she needed more than just chewing gum mix, she needed a mate, a partner to synergize with and relate to while being trapped in this gum form. Some Indians/Native Americans use or proclaim that it's important to use a masculine or mate plant in a shamanic recipe or combination for various plants and fungi. For example, with Ska Maria Pastora they use incense and other mint family like species that grow in the Sierra Mazateca Region of Mexico (cloud rainforest in the mountains where Maria Sabina grew up).

What I did next (and do encourage experimentation) was to take various plants that could have a masculine spirit and use them as incense over the salvia gum samples. As I rolled Sally through the smoke of other plants like Syrian Rue and Frankincense/Myrrh, a feeling washed over me and the "big spirit" filled the room. I could feel that she was happier and that she felt confident in sharing secrets with me. I chewed the incensed gum and had a few others try it. With Eighty percent success among people that sampled it, psychoactive effects were noticeable especially with eyes closed.

I recognized, when the company told me that it was pausing for a temporary re-organization of its investments, that our gum wasn't at a marketable stage and that it wasn't easy to ask people to "hold their spit" for a trip of 45min to an hour. I was left to my own path and shamanic practices again but not before one last try with Salvia, one last vision quest and dreaming vision...which I'll talk about later.

After my experiences with Salvia Divinorum, I learned that method which has always been used, which I think works best, oral dosing through saliva glands of the mouth. So I make tinctures now, where Salvia Divinorum is soaked in a grain alcohol like Everclear. If done at night in a dark space, with intention and eyes closed, Sally always has an effect. From pain relieving to a fractal visionary experience (commonly called a trip), she is there for her lovers and friends. Ska Maria treats us with compassion if we do the same for her and when we rape her (and the Earth) we aren't treated so nicely in return.

All is fair in love and war, so I suppose it serves them well, all those Western smokers of the Diviner's Sage. Be reminded that her medicine is like that of the Oujia Board, harmless to good people and terrifying to those with fear on the inside. Weird realities aside, she IS a REAL woman, with a body and a mind that exist partly in this world and partly in the world that we visit in dreams.

Salvia Divinorum is classified as both a psychedelic and an oneirogen (dream inducing plant). Many researchers suggest that She makes the most potent naturally occurring psychoactive alkaloid to be discovered by humans on Earth. For this, I am forever grateful. I am more than just a believer of Maria, I am experienced and know her intimately as a lover and friend.

To this day the recipe is still under development but close to a completion cycle. I doubt that you'll see salvia divinorum chewing gum on the market anytime soon but according the vision and the dream I had through her graces there will be psychoactive gum coming to the America markets soon. Pray, like I do, that these pieces of her Holy Body are used for psycho-spiritual development and with self-loving intentions.

In shamanism, right relationship is very important and at this time and in retrospection, I've come to reckon that bad trips are simply a lack of "right relationship" with something in our lives and universe. It's rarely that a trip is entertainment for me and my tribal family at this stage; and doing the work on righteousness while under these influences helps to encourage life outside the ceremony to function and manifest in fun and easy flowing ways.

Sincerely,

Hugh T Alkemi
EntheoRadio@gmail.com

Salvia tinctures are being produced in personalized batches in Arizona by this author and available at Happy Healthy High Horney Herbs in Tempe AZ or if you email to make personal arrangements. Find me online and ask about my alchemical and astrological methods of medicine production. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become a Shamanic Priest or Priestess ~ 7 day Thanksgiving Retreat

PLANT SPIRIT WISDOM, SHAMANIC MEDICINE PATH and Priest(ess) Intensive offered through the OSS This is a rare (and limited) opportunity to take part in 7 days of combined learning, nature, ritual and ceremonies with three of the worlds most powerful and important teacher plants: Saint Ysidro, Saint Peter and the Shepherdess. The course includes three ceremonies, hiking and daily outdoor activities, Shamanic storytelling and Socratic Method Teaching.  Training includes: ~Native Sweat Lodge Ceremony ~Daily Nature and Cave Hikes ~Intro to Soul Retrieval ~Power Animal Communion ~Daily Musical Journeys ~Salvia Divinorum Ceremony  ~Book Study from:  The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner AND   Awakening to the Spirit World by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman ~Daily Healthy Meals ~Hot/Cold Tubs and Steam Room Please email me for an information pack, questions, scholarships or donations: WakingWithin@gmail.com _______________________________________________ Wha

Yoga Swami and Encinitas History

Readers and Yoga Adventurers, Just recently called the Yoga Mecca of the USA, Encinitas CA and Yoga Swami (where I teach two days a week) are special and are a must visit for any yoga adventurers. See the article in the winter 2008 copy of the Encinitas magazine. http://www.encinitasmag.com/about.html Encinitas, Swami's Surf Spot, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and Leucadia...can be consider spiritual vortex hotspots. This evident in the number of places to worship just on the coast (west of hwy 101) near the cliffside beachs or Swami's and Moonlight. So my mother's family (mexican americans) lived in Encinitas during the period of time when Paramahansa Yogananda (the Swami that Swami's is named after). This time period was about the 1930's- 1940's. At this time Encinitas, was well liked by Swami Yogananda and he settled there for sometime. Swami Yogananda was a capricorn and he was a very involved meditator and yoga practicioner. His foundation still exists in E

Dreaming in the Dark Times 4: Mold and Sage

  Article: Mold and Sage Series: Dreaming in the Dark Times Many times growing up in Southern California have I communed with White Sage (Salvia Apiana). It grew in my hometown. It grows on the property that my family and I own in Aguanga, CA. I learned to pick it and bundle it before I was fully initiated into manhood (sometime between my first sexual experience and my first sweat lodge with a Lakota Medicine woman). I recently made some Dreaming Jaguar smokes at my old job site (Happy High Herbs/Rainbow Bliss Botanicals in Tempe AZ) and included white sage but wasn’t able to continue making them because of the popularity of this herb and the trouble keeping it in stock. I really just included it for flavor then. I had forgotten all the dreams I had of the sage fields before. In the last week, for the first time in many human years, I returned to my family land and the sage fields. I made offerings of guardianship and good will towards the sage plants on my land and collected a modest