Skip to main content

Snake DANCE with Rattles and BLOOD

Dear Great Spirit,

I am reaching out to you with my thoughts and prayers because lately and several times this year (and last night) I dream of Snakes...venomous snakes with rattles at the end of their tails...many times they don't pose a threat to me...but rather they are stretched out in passage of the landscape on the dreamworld.




I feel asleep last night reading about divination and praying as usual (everynight that I sleep in my bedroom) with my emeralds and my stibnite to the coyote spirit of the Money of this Nation of the people of the Corn, and to the wolf spirit of Abundance and Collaboration....I remind myself that the YOU are coming, Great Spirit, to play the game of giving and receiving and prosperity with my person and my passion...

...my tiny twin bed near my bearded dragons terrarium, in my humble room in Cardiff California, blinks in an' out of existence as my eyes draw heavy and my muscles give out...in a last ditch effort (effort! so not taoist of me!) to reach across the room and turn off the light. This night (which was last night), I am paralyzed before sleep and the dream world fully embraces me.

Reality melts and becomes swirling pools of clouds, sky, liquid, dark-matter, and light...and i am transported to a house that is large with many rooms and a family living there. This family knows me but looks different that the one I currently live with and they are welcoming but ignorant....unlike teachers and friends in dreamtime...they can't read my thoughts and communicate psychically with me. I supposed I am spoiled by psychic and telepathic linkage in some many dreams...that i am often surprised when people aren't working with that...but in this dream the family seem occupied (or possessed) by excessive thoughts and activities.

I move freely around the dream environment and explore outside. This place/dreamscape looks like a combination of the home/backyard I grew up in, the one that I currently live in, and Liberty Advance retreat center...where in June, our Sacred Spiral will be holding an Ayahuasca Ceremony....hence the snakes that come next...

So I am outside and it's green and soft without too much grass. There are rocks and hills and some small trees. There is a patio overhang with sliding doors where I see persons congregating and possibly watching a video on a screen of color. They speak amongst themselves and aren't interested in my outdoor explorations. Near the patio on a small tool shed, I approach a very distinctly mark, light colored rattlesnake (stretched out and quite long). It was not bothered by my presence.



I turn to look at the ground nearby where I am standing (because I am immediately alert after seeing the snake) and there is another golden/red-orange rattlesnake underneath a shrub. By this time the sky had transmutated from a lovely shade of blue began gathering clouds of a dark water and lightning. Without fear, I distinctly felt the storm coming...and knew that this was park of my initiation...(which is set for this coming week as I attend my first snake dance with the vipers and my father).

I quickly moved to attend the house and pick up my snake stick as I would need a tool to pin the head of these rattlesnakes to the earth as i reached to pick them up. I found a manzinetta branch that appeared to have the appropriate bends in it to act as a "snake stick" but not before i found two clear bags of hognose snakes and assorted colorful snakes (i once owned hognose snakes, kingsnakes, cornsnakes, and rosey boas as pets) from the american southwest...all local species... I picked up the snake stick and the one of the bags with hognose snakes in it and entered the house...

IN this admixture of the the retreat center and my home, I was excited to express my awareness of snakes outside to the occupants and to get my step-dad whom is the snake handler in the family. I didn't find him and when I tried to discuss the retrieval of the rattlesnakes with the other members of the "family". IN FACT, no one seemed to care that I was to handle and dance with these snakes. I looked over my shoulder and gestured to the sliding glass door to express a need to make haste as the dark-lightning clouds were approaching.

No one seemed to care...and I woke up just after looking at the bag of hognose snakes in my hand (which look a lot like rattlesnakes)and I thought to myself that there wasn't anytime to waste. I felt that I needed to feed these snakes and care for them as they had been cold and hungry for a while. I also felt that I must soon catch and feed the rattlesnakes as they were hungry from the winter hibernation and that if it rained their burrows would be full of water... it was time for action and time to set up the snake cages.

Back in this reality, my body pulled my consciousness back to this middle world and present time...I woke up confused that I didn't own snakes and that the hognose snakes no longer lived with me...and the strange urgency of having to feed them and house them left me with a need to take action thus writing this message to you.

I want you to know that I am planning on a hike and an initiation with my step-dad to the ranch near anza this week. We will find snakes and we will hold them as a practice of communing with their strength and "medicine". Great Spirit, I don't know if it is time to start keeping snakes again...and vipers for the first time...but with your divine guidance...I know and trust that my father and I will be safe.

Great Spirit, the vision quest to my totem animal that you have shown me will provide a healthy path to my evolution this coming week, I thank you.

Aho!

To all my relations,

Trevahr (T.R.) Hughes
Yogi, Alchemist, Neo-Shaman
760-713-6710

PS. Check out events on these and related topics on http://www.goodalchemy.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become a Shamanic Priest or Priestess ~ 7 day Thanksgiving Retreat

PLANT SPIRIT WISDOM, SHAMANIC MEDICINE PATH and Priest(ess) Intensive offered through the OSS This is a rare (and limited) opportunity to take part in 7 days of combined learning, nature, ritual and ceremonies with three of the worlds most powerful and important teacher plants: Saint Ysidro, Saint Peter and the Shepherdess. The course includes three ceremonies, hiking and daily outdoor activities, Shamanic storytelling and Socratic Method Teaching.  Training includes: ~Native Sweat Lodge Ceremony ~Daily Nature and Cave Hikes ~Intro to Soul Retrieval ~Power Animal Communion ~Daily Musical Journeys ~Salvia Divinorum Ceremony  ~Book Study from:  The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner AND   Awakening to the Spirit World by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman ~Daily Healthy Meals ~Hot/Cold Tubs and Steam Room Please email me for an information pack, questions, scholarships or donations: WakingWithin@gmail.com _______________________________________________ Wha

Yoga Swami and Encinitas History

Readers and Yoga Adventurers, Just recently called the Yoga Mecca of the USA, Encinitas CA and Yoga Swami (where I teach two days a week) are special and are a must visit for any yoga adventurers. See the article in the winter 2008 copy of the Encinitas magazine. http://www.encinitasmag.com/about.html Encinitas, Swami's Surf Spot, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and Leucadia...can be consider spiritual vortex hotspots. This evident in the number of places to worship just on the coast (west of hwy 101) near the cliffside beachs or Swami's and Moonlight. So my mother's family (mexican americans) lived in Encinitas during the period of time when Paramahansa Yogananda (the Swami that Swami's is named after). This time period was about the 1930's- 1940's. At this time Encinitas, was well liked by Swami Yogananda and he settled there for sometime. Swami Yogananda was a capricorn and he was a very involved meditator and yoga practicioner. His foundation still exists in E

Dreaming in the Dark Times 4: Mold and Sage

  Article: Mold and Sage Series: Dreaming in the Dark Times Many times growing up in Southern California have I communed with White Sage (Salvia Apiana). It grew in my hometown. It grows on the property that my family and I own in Aguanga, CA. I learned to pick it and bundle it before I was fully initiated into manhood (sometime between my first sexual experience and my first sweat lodge with a Lakota Medicine woman). I recently made some Dreaming Jaguar smokes at my old job site (Happy High Herbs/Rainbow Bliss Botanicals in Tempe AZ) and included white sage but wasn’t able to continue making them because of the popularity of this herb and the trouble keeping it in stock. I really just included it for flavor then. I had forgotten all the dreams I had of the sage fields before. In the last week, for the first time in many human years, I returned to my family land and the sage fields. I made offerings of guardianship and good will towards the sage plants on my land and collected a modest