Skip to main content

Newsletter Feb 17th 2009

Dear Friends,

A lover asked his beloved,
Do you love yourself more than you love me?
Beloved replied, I have died to myself and I live for you.
I've disappeared from myself and my attributes,
I am present only for you.
I've forgotten all my learnings,
but from knowing you I've become a scholar.
I've lost all my strength, but from your power I am able.
I love myself...I love you.
I love you...I love myself.--Rumi

Last Saturday morning (after an evening of dancing with friends at Claire De Lune), AromaYoga went off as a celebration of love and joy! There were around 60 people in attendance at LuluLemon in La Jolla. Our most gracious praises to Cindy and Trevahr introducing AromaYoga to the community. Students at Del Mar Palm Tree Yoga are getting to know and practice Trevahr's Tai Chi Yoga every Saturday and therefore advancing their practices in a wonderful way. A special thank you to those students who have followed us from place to place and to all who practice regularly.

Tonight is that Penguin Thing....free community gathering...an opportunity to meet friends and social in Del Mar! Now is the time to shift our interactions toward the attractive power of unity for financial security. It is natural to share from the heart and provide for your family with the sustainable warmth of community.

This weekend join our events and experience the healing properties of edible mushrooms and hiking all weekend as we have 3 events--see below for details. After the San Diego Fungus Faire on Sunday please join us for Wah! at Bodacious Living in Carlsbad.

Love,

Sacred Spiral Community (NPRO)
Waking Within Yoga Community
Giggling Chakras (Holistic Events)

Have Questions? Reach Out:
Trevahr Ryan Hughes (760-710-1713)
Sitara "Cindy" Lee (858-964-8834)

Events:

Free Community Building Event @ Mariette Pan's home in Del Mar (Kid Friendly) That Peguin Thing Feb. 17th, Tuesday night 7pm. This an opportunity to connect with like minded people who are willing to share the gift of Giving! Call Trevahr email Mariette to RSVP (seadragon88@yahoo.com). 3684 Caminito Cielo Del Mar (San Diego, CA). Check this event out on Facebook or Meetup

Friday the 20th @ 645pm Pre-"Mushroom Hunt" evening lecture by Donation: learn the basic for mushroom hunting and join us for potluck dinner. This will teach interested and avid minds the ability to identify, forage, and cook edible mushrooms that grow local and wild.

Saturday the 21st @ 12noon: Palomar Mushroom Hunt by donation: this will be an experiencial learning about wild mushrooms, be prepared to collect and eat (cooked) mushrooms out on the trail/campsite (yes we are bbq'ing those mushrooms). Suggested Donation $30

Meetup at San Diego Myco Club's Annual Fungus Faire in Balboa Park (Sunday the 22nd @ 1030am. FREE). These events will be lead by Dennis Medicine Deer and Trevahr Ryan Hughes. RSVP on www.meetup.com/alchemy

Wah! February 22, Sunday @ 7.30 PM Bodacious Living Kirtan! A monthly series of kirtans created by and for the local community in Encinitas, Carlsbad and surrounding areas. Last Sunday of every month. Wah! in February, Girish in March, Sequoia Neptune in April, Korin in May and growing! Come as you are, or participate as a performer, in this community event.Check out Bodacious Living!

Events @ Yoga One in San Diego:

An Intimate Musical Evening with The Guggenheim Grotto Friday, February 27th at 8pm.
Arm Balancing Workshop! March 15th Sunday with the amazing Kathryn Budig (as seen on the cover of the December issue of Yoga Journal).
April 17th, 2009 Yoga Teacher Training at Yoga One. Some students are ready to began their work as teachers on this planet and we totally support that, therefore we recommend this yoga teacher training by San Diego's Yoga One. Check it out

Recommended Yoga Studios:
Palm Tree Yoga (Inspired Yoga for all levels in Del Mar)
Yoga Swami (Donation Based Yoga)
Bodacious Living Yoga (Anusara Yoga in Carlsbad)
Yoga One San Diego (Fun Flowing Classes in Downtown San Diego)
Yoga Tropics (HOT yoga in Encinitas)
Haute Yoga (Heated yoga in Solana Beach)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become a Shamanic Priest or Priestess ~ 7 day Thanksgiving Retreat

PLANT SPIRIT WISDOM, SHAMANIC MEDICINE PATH and Priest(ess) Intensive offered through the OSS This is a rare (and limited) opportunity to take part in 7 days of combined learning, nature, ritual and ceremonies with three of the worlds most powerful and important teacher plants: Saint Ysidro, Saint Peter and the Shepherdess. The course includes three ceremonies, hiking and daily outdoor activities, Shamanic storytelling and Socratic Method Teaching.  Training includes: ~Native Sweat Lodge Ceremony ~Daily Nature and Cave Hikes ~Intro to Soul Retrieval ~Power Animal Communion ~Daily Musical Journeys ~Salvia Divinorum Ceremony  ~Book Study from:  The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner AND   Awakening to the Spirit World by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman ~Daily Healthy Meals ~Hot/Cold Tubs and Steam Room Please email me for an information pack, questions, scholarships or donations: WakingWithin@gmail.com _______________________________________________ Wha

Yoga Swami and Encinitas History

Readers and Yoga Adventurers, Just recently called the Yoga Mecca of the USA, Encinitas CA and Yoga Swami (where I teach two days a week) are special and are a must visit for any yoga adventurers. See the article in the winter 2008 copy of the Encinitas magazine. http://www.encinitasmag.com/about.html Encinitas, Swami's Surf Spot, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and Leucadia...can be consider spiritual vortex hotspots. This evident in the number of places to worship just on the coast (west of hwy 101) near the cliffside beachs or Swami's and Moonlight. So my mother's family (mexican americans) lived in Encinitas during the period of time when Paramahansa Yogananda (the Swami that Swami's is named after). This time period was about the 1930's- 1940's. At this time Encinitas, was well liked by Swami Yogananda and he settled there for sometime. Swami Yogananda was a capricorn and he was a very involved meditator and yoga practicioner. His foundation still exists in E

Dreaming in the Dark Times 4: Mold and Sage

  Article: Mold and Sage Series: Dreaming in the Dark Times Many times growing up in Southern California have I communed with White Sage (Salvia Apiana). It grew in my hometown. It grows on the property that my family and I own in Aguanga, CA. I learned to pick it and bundle it before I was fully initiated into manhood (sometime between my first sexual experience and my first sweat lodge with a Lakota Medicine woman). I recently made some Dreaming Jaguar smokes at my old job site (Happy High Herbs/Rainbow Bliss Botanicals in Tempe AZ) and included white sage but wasn’t able to continue making them because of the popularity of this herb and the trouble keeping it in stock. I really just included it for flavor then. I had forgotten all the dreams I had of the sage fields before. In the last week, for the first time in many human years, I returned to my family land and the sage fields. I made offerings of guardianship and good will towards the sage plants on my land and collected a modest