Skip to main content

Waking Within Darkness

Dear Readers,

Welcome back. As part of our business model and part of my personal agenda as a writer for these articles I would like to discuss topics that include the shadow self or side of modern media and yoga. So as forewarning this article will discuss the sides of the self that are "not so shinny with goodness."

As a modern day Martial Artist, Alchemist, Yogi, and Teacher of Esoteric Philosophies, I have encountered a great many things, inside and out.

As within, so without....

I this America War driven society, I find some amazing reflections of my shadow self...just the other day I was in discussion with a very aeiry fairy healer type friend. We were in a public place at a store that sells import items in Carlsbad CA and we were discussing the Practice of Kunlun Bliss (Taoist Alchemy).

So without, as within...

Anyways my friend whom I was talking with at the imports shop says to me that she was using the Bliss practice regularly with her meditations and with her planetary gong listening meditations and she came across a sticky space within herself. A dark spot with pain and healing to be had. This place inside my healer friend represented itself as a noise...

You know the noise that you hear when flesh tears...I mean get close to something...like ligaments and/or abdominal muscles and see if you can relate to sound of tearing apart organic structure. In meditation that is what she heard. It can be both horrifying and disgusting.

Then she realized that this was the sound of being born...not traditionally. This was the sound of being born c-section. At the time of her own birth (I know this could be way out for you as a reader to believe that my friend had a memory of her birth), her mothers body was cut open and she as a newborn/fetus heard the sounds of this "cutting open" of the body of which was her home for 9 months.

I was neutral to the description but a little "un-nerved" upon hearing this about two months ago. I was also remembered ( and I would like to remind you reader)...that it has been researched, that during times of incredible distress or trauma...a body/human releases/assimilates DMT from the glands in the brain and this creates a sense of spiritual/hallucination or "being more than reality" such that we do not hold memories that are innately too horrible to "let go of".

(Keep in mind that death is a time in which DMT floods the brain naturally and would be released in lessened quantities as a result of crystallization of the Pineal Gland...which has been associated with Fluoride consumption...in our tap water...hello!)

Shadow Concludes Self...after having gone within...

The conversation moved to other topics regarding forgiveness and healing...my friend told me that she cried relentlessly for a while and hugged her mother after this experience...and again I realized how vital it is know the shadow self and how to observe your mind's processes. I have noted many times this year what my "buttons" are and when an individual/friend pushes them how my self preforms a transmutation to Shadow.

I now know that it is important not to lose shadow...just like Wendy sowing Peter Pan's Shadow to his feet (that story makes a large commentary on the necessity of the shadow). Shadow is vital and to lose a piece of vital/lifeforce would mean to live as a partial being or...artificial...created...not real...(in alchemy) homunculus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homunculus

This is your author reminding you to be and remaining "at one" with Life, Mind, and Spirit.

Trevahr
Waking Within

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become a Shamanic Priest or Priestess ~ 7 day Thanksgiving Retreat

PLANT SPIRIT WISDOM, SHAMANIC MEDICINE PATH and Priest(ess) Intensive offered through the OSS This is a rare (and limited) opportunity to take part in 7 days of combined learning, nature, ritual and ceremonies with three of the worlds most powerful and important teacher plants: Saint Ysidro, Saint Peter and the Shepherdess. The course includes three ceremonies, hiking and daily outdoor activities, Shamanic storytelling and Socratic Method Teaching.  Training includes: ~Native Sweat Lodge Ceremony ~Daily Nature and Cave Hikes ~Intro to Soul Retrieval ~Power Animal Communion ~Daily Musical Journeys ~Salvia Divinorum Ceremony  ~Book Study from:  The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner AND   Awakening to the Spirit World by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman ~Daily Healthy Meals ~Hot/Cold Tubs and Steam Room Please email me for an information pack, questions, scholarships or donations: WakingWithin@gmail.com _______________________________________________ Wha

Yoga Swami and Encinitas History

Readers and Yoga Adventurers, Just recently called the Yoga Mecca of the USA, Encinitas CA and Yoga Swami (where I teach two days a week) are special and are a must visit for any yoga adventurers. See the article in the winter 2008 copy of the Encinitas magazine. http://www.encinitasmag.com/about.html Encinitas, Swami's Surf Spot, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and Leucadia...can be consider spiritual vortex hotspots. This evident in the number of places to worship just on the coast (west of hwy 101) near the cliffside beachs or Swami's and Moonlight. So my mother's family (mexican americans) lived in Encinitas during the period of time when Paramahansa Yogananda (the Swami that Swami's is named after). This time period was about the 1930's- 1940's. At this time Encinitas, was well liked by Swami Yogananda and he settled there for sometime. Swami Yogananda was a capricorn and he was a very involved meditator and yoga practicioner. His foundation still exists in E

Dreaming in the Dark Times 4: Mold and Sage

  Article: Mold and Sage Series: Dreaming in the Dark Times Many times growing up in Southern California have I communed with White Sage (Salvia Apiana). It grew in my hometown. It grows on the property that my family and I own in Aguanga, CA. I learned to pick it and bundle it before I was fully initiated into manhood (sometime between my first sexual experience and my first sweat lodge with a Lakota Medicine woman). I recently made some Dreaming Jaguar smokes at my old job site (Happy High Herbs/Rainbow Bliss Botanicals in Tempe AZ) and included white sage but wasn’t able to continue making them because of the popularity of this herb and the trouble keeping it in stock. I really just included it for flavor then. I had forgotten all the dreams I had of the sage fields before. In the last week, for the first time in many human years, I returned to my family land and the sage fields. I made offerings of guardianship and good will towards the sage plants on my land and collected a modest