Skip to main content

Death from the Eyes of Yogi Trevor

Readers,

Last week marked a major turning point in my life as Spring and rebirth or at least rebirth perspective came into full view for me. I recently became strong and supported by a much larger community and many more abundant events as Waking Within Company grounded and rooted itself in Carlsbad CA. Feeling very supported by this and a recent awaking to love and nature as a product of the spring vernal equinox, I was altered by one of my Native North American Totem animals that change was imminent.

Rattlesnakes have been a totem animal for many years for me. It was two weeks ago/three saturdays ago when I was at a snake breeder's home in Escondido when I was introduced to about 8 rattlesnakes on display in terrariums in his house. This would have been a normal occurence except for the fact that one of the larger rattlesnakes decided to communicate with me. I walked into the room (a larger room with the snakes in cages up against the walls) and this Diamond Back Rattlesnake immediately notices me and come to the front of its cage, coils and rattles for about 20 minutes. With this instance every red flag in my head went off to tell me "big change is coming."

The second sign, just 10 days ago, came when a good friend Jacob mentioned that he was bringing the body of a rattlesnake to bury out at my family ranch when we next go hiking. Yet another sign. Jacob buried this Rattlesnake body on Sunday 9 days ago. The next day I opened an email that let me know that a dear friend whom I knew from High School died serving our country as an active private in the Army in Bhagdad, Iraqi.

My friend George Delgado died the week before due to an explosive attack on his vehical while out on active patrol. Three servicemen were also in the vehical with him at the time and also passed away.

During the weekend my (former) housemates through a party that set into motion my decision to move out. This choice was made parallel to changing my class teaching schedule in order to trek to Palmdale, CA where Georg's family was living and holding the church services.

Death and Change and Transition are synonymous with Rattlesnakes, moving from home to home, and death. Even the Ted Andrew's Animal Speak Tarot has the Rattlesnake as Death major arcana number 13. So with some mixed human emotions I packed up my stuff and stored it and traveled with some old friends to Palmdale on Wednesday night. We camped out in the back of a van and it rained that night in the desert.

As a yogi, I noticed something about these situations. I noticed that I was still experiencing emotions like and other normal human, except I had both wisdom and discrimination as my allies. I was able to discriminate between my emotions and the emotions of others and my environment. I was very simply able to know when I was just experiencing an emotion as part of a short term event and I could identify if it was false truth.

A false truth emotion is one that I know from the perspective of a meditative observer of my mind that will come to pass like sadness and it will come to pass as a product of ability to cleanse my energy body.

So with false truth emotions I attended this funeral services of George Delgado, beloved friend. I had come to peace with his passing by Thursday afternoon because I had spent all week dedicating my yoga intention and my classroom intentions to his spiritual guidance and travel to the next life.

With the eyes of a practiced yogi, I was appalled to see how much energy the US Military drained from us as observers and honorers of George Delgado in that cemetary. The US Military probably paid for the entire service but I know that I saw more energy (when compared to money) leave the audience than was given by the Army/Military. Therefore I recognized that the psuedo-catholic rituals of the US Military for honoring the dead are simply a disguise for their own pride and self-perservation.

In light of this I still bless everyone involved in the ceremonies, and every day with strong joy and love I practice the intention of Peace such that no one else looses a friend at the young age of 21 or a son at any age. Practice lightly on the Earth and bless all those who come baring the intention of War for they know not what they do.

Jai Lord Krishna,

Peace Be With You,

Trevahr
Waking Within Co.
760-713-6710

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become a Shamanic Priest or Priestess ~ 7 day Thanksgiving Retreat

PLANT SPIRIT WISDOM, SHAMANIC MEDICINE PATH and Priest(ess) Intensive offered through the OSS This is a rare (and limited) opportunity to take part in 7 days of combined learning, nature, ritual and ceremonies with three of the worlds most powerful and important teacher plants: Saint Ysidro, Saint Peter and the Shepherdess. The course includes three ceremonies, hiking and daily outdoor activities, Shamanic storytelling and Socratic Method Teaching.  Training includes: ~Native Sweat Lodge Ceremony ~Daily Nature and Cave Hikes ~Intro to Soul Retrieval ~Power Animal Communion ~Daily Musical Journeys ~Salvia Divinorum Ceremony  ~Book Study from:  The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner AND   Awakening to the Spirit World by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman ~Daily Healthy Meals ~Hot/Cold Tubs and Steam Room Please email me for an information pack, questions, scholarships or donations: WakingWithin@gmail.com _______________________________________________ Wha

Yoga Swami and Encinitas History

Readers and Yoga Adventurers, Just recently called the Yoga Mecca of the USA, Encinitas CA and Yoga Swami (where I teach two days a week) are special and are a must visit for any yoga adventurers. See the article in the winter 2008 copy of the Encinitas magazine. http://www.encinitasmag.com/about.html Encinitas, Swami's Surf Spot, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and Leucadia...can be consider spiritual vortex hotspots. This evident in the number of places to worship just on the coast (west of hwy 101) near the cliffside beachs or Swami's and Moonlight. So my mother's family (mexican americans) lived in Encinitas during the period of time when Paramahansa Yogananda (the Swami that Swami's is named after). This time period was about the 1930's- 1940's. At this time Encinitas, was well liked by Swami Yogananda and he settled there for sometime. Swami Yogananda was a capricorn and he was a very involved meditator and yoga practicioner. His foundation still exists in E

Dreaming in the Dark Times 4: Mold and Sage

  Article: Mold and Sage Series: Dreaming in the Dark Times Many times growing up in Southern California have I communed with White Sage (Salvia Apiana). It grew in my hometown. It grows on the property that my family and I own in Aguanga, CA. I learned to pick it and bundle it before I was fully initiated into manhood (sometime between my first sexual experience and my first sweat lodge with a Lakota Medicine woman). I recently made some Dreaming Jaguar smokes at my old job site (Happy High Herbs/Rainbow Bliss Botanicals in Tempe AZ) and included white sage but wasn’t able to continue making them because of the popularity of this herb and the trouble keeping it in stock. I really just included it for flavor then. I had forgotten all the dreams I had of the sage fields before. In the last week, for the first time in many human years, I returned to my family land and the sage fields. I made offerings of guardianship and good will towards the sage plants on my land and collected a modest