Skip to main content

Dreaming in the Dark Times: Abridged Verison for the Newsletter at RBB LLC in Tempe


Let’s go on a journey into ourselves where time is endless and always feels dilated like we’re tripping, where lifetimes can be experienced in two hours, where people from times past are alive and everyone can fly or transform at will. In dreams, nature, gods, angels, demons and aspects of ourselves run wild and yet are completely in collaboration with us, especially if we gain Lucidity (the holy grail of dreaming). Classically I have been dreaming within my lifetime from the earliest times in my memory. I can remember dreams from when I was 5. 


After many years of research into Lucid dreaming,meditation and mind states, and adopting nagualismo/Toltec Shamanism, I believe we all dream every night (often 8 dreams), but only some of us remember these visions. If you are lucky enough to remember any portions of your dreams at all, it’s my opinion that you are actually awakening from within and on a very powerful path to wholeness or spiritual development.


We’re each on a hero’s journey through many lifetimes and I want to share with you some magic plants that helped me through this journey in my current body:


Mugwort

White Sage (any sage is great really)

Silene Capensis aka Afrikan Dream Root


I started picking sage and mugwort in the San Diego area CA. I had a strong relationship with those plants for a while and enjoyed their effects on my dreams often. Both are highly effective and protective medicine plants.


In 2019, I took mugwort daily for two weeks and had dreams that were vivid and long. Ultimately I started a spontaneous detox and parasite cleanse; reality became bendy and I was super tired, more interested in napping than usual. Mugwort and Absinthe have psychoactive thujone which can cause visual hallucinations (Green Faery) 


When we develop relations with a plant ally like Mugwort, we often integrate our shadow and increase our personal presence and power. Medicine (plants/entheogens) follows Power and Power leads to Medicine. 


I think in the future I will touch on other plants and fungi under the topic of Oneiromancy (Dream Control/Practice). For now, let’s cover another item on the shelves at Rainbow Bliss that is used by the Xhosa culture of Afrika as well as by myself in the Nagual/Toltec practices locally: Silene Capensis.


In the traditions of Afrika, we know the Xhosa fermented the herb and that it was drunk in water after fermenting or chewed raw and it was consumed over several nights or days in a row as to encourage a build up of the active ingredients in the human body. Last week I followed the fermented water procedure with a little honey. I drank 4 to 6 ounces on the first night of a mixture that was about 18 ounces of water. I definitely noticed an enhancement of quality of dreaming and length of dreaming. I took the substance for four days before bed and I also began to add other calmative herbs such as lavender, roses, valerian and moldy blue cheese (a story for another time, yes it has effects).


The first night, I noticed at least 6 dreams. The Silene definitely helped me to notice my dream thoughts and better understand the workings of my own mind in the dream world. This concept of reading or telling time is rare for me and indicates that perhaps a person is on the verge of realization of the dream and to achieve lucidity. 


Perhaps further experiments will occur and be encouraged this season as I know and understand it is the yin or dark time of year. Sleeping can often be deeper or longer if you allow it, now. Remember dreaming is a spiritual practice and waking up there in the dream world parallels to waking up here.  


Authored by Hugh T Alkemi of MushroomShaman.com and AlchemyZ.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become a Shamanic Priest or Priestess ~ 7 day Thanksgiving Retreat

PLANT SPIRIT WISDOM, SHAMANIC MEDICINE PATH and Priest(ess) Intensive offered through the OSS This is a rare (and limited) opportunity to take part in 7 days of combined learning, nature, ritual and ceremonies with three of the worlds most powerful and important teacher plants: Saint Ysidro, Saint Peter and the Shepherdess. The course includes three ceremonies, hiking and daily outdoor activities, Shamanic storytelling and Socratic Method Teaching.  Training includes: ~Native Sweat Lodge Ceremony ~Daily Nature and Cave Hikes ~Intro to Soul Retrieval ~Power Animal Communion ~Daily Musical Journeys ~Salvia Divinorum Ceremony  ~Book Study from:  The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner AND   Awakening to the Spirit World by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman ~Daily Healthy Meals ~Hot/Cold Tubs and Steam Room Please email me for an information pack, questions, scholarships or donations: WakingWithin@gmail.com _______________________________________________ Wha

Yoga Swami and Encinitas History

Readers and Yoga Adventurers, Just recently called the Yoga Mecca of the USA, Encinitas CA and Yoga Swami (where I teach two days a week) are special and are a must visit for any yoga adventurers. See the article in the winter 2008 copy of the Encinitas magazine. http://www.encinitasmag.com/about.html Encinitas, Swami's Surf Spot, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and Leucadia...can be consider spiritual vortex hotspots. This evident in the number of places to worship just on the coast (west of hwy 101) near the cliffside beachs or Swami's and Moonlight. So my mother's family (mexican americans) lived in Encinitas during the period of time when Paramahansa Yogananda (the Swami that Swami's is named after). This time period was about the 1930's- 1940's. At this time Encinitas, was well liked by Swami Yogananda and he settled there for sometime. Swami Yogananda was a capricorn and he was a very involved meditator and yoga practicioner. His foundation still exists in E

Dreaming in the Dark Times 4: Mold and Sage

  Article: Mold and Sage Series: Dreaming in the Dark Times Many times growing up in Southern California have I communed with White Sage (Salvia Apiana). It grew in my hometown. It grows on the property that my family and I own in Aguanga, CA. I learned to pick it and bundle it before I was fully initiated into manhood (sometime between my first sexual experience and my first sweat lodge with a Lakota Medicine woman). I recently made some Dreaming Jaguar smokes at my old job site (Happy High Herbs/Rainbow Bliss Botanicals in Tempe AZ) and included white sage but wasn’t able to continue making them because of the popularity of this herb and the trouble keeping it in stock. I really just included it for flavor then. I had forgotten all the dreams I had of the sage fields before. In the last week, for the first time in many human years, I returned to my family land and the sage fields. I made offerings of guardianship and good will towards the sage plants on my land and collected a modest