Skip to main content

The Masks Can Go But The Hats Remain!

Dear Friends,

I have noticed lately the difference between my masks and my hats as a human and a person on the path to healing. First of all, I know that my Masks and Hats are simply archetypes and divine movements of the collective unconscious. It has been an epic journey this 2009, as I have taken on some new hats, put on old masks to see if they still fit (and most of them did), and set aside or packed away hats that were just getting worn out and over-used.

For example, my hat as a yoga instructor has worn out its welcome. I have discovered that yoga is a path that I will definitely support and heal through but is a field of interest that here in America comes with many many many politics and boundary discovering events. Plus there is certainly something to be said about the income of yoga instructors being lame or maybe it's society's relationship to Yoga teachers as under-privileged fitness trainers.

I really have learned about my relationship to the title of yoga instructor as for years now, my family (mom and dad), have referred to me as "just a yoga instructor" and an individual who's job fits into a low income bracket.

I am first and foremost not a yoga instructor...but rather a spiritual teacher and worldly sage who uses the wisdom of the universe to heal others or free the mind through awareness and love!

Yes, i teach and practice yoga but it's not your style or Anusara or Ashtanga-Vinyasa yoga, or true Indra-Devi style like my original teacher. I am a Yogi, with a practice of Martial Arts and Ecstatic Dance for spiritual opening and chi/lifeforce building...and sometimes I invite you to practice with me...and it doesn't matter if you are stuck in a wheel chair....some of my best clients (2 years and going strong) as reserved to a wheel chair.

I am a Shaman following the call of my Ancestors of Meso-America, Europe, Italy, and Persia. I present Neo-Shamanic philosophy to my yoga students, friends, family, and all of my clients of healing work.

I even chant to elderly dementia patients while doing physical therapy on their legs (as of current). I have learned to maintain connection to source (Father Sky...Mother Earth...I am your Child! Give me what I need to heal myself and others. THANK YOU, AHO.) and to tone, channel, make recipes, talk to plants, rocks, and animals; to see spirits and guiding ancestors; and to build community around council of Elders and equal exchange.

I am so passionate about Herbs and the medicine work of historical cultures that I teach it and apply it to my daily practices as well as am involved in study with Master teachers of all Shamanic medicine disciplines.

Before and during my Shaman's training, I learned Alchemy-to be in tune with the Golden Path and about exchange of energy in all things in this world.

My high school English teacher, Mr. Lvingstone, taught me the first principles of alchemy through the works of Joseph Campbell and Carl Jung. For Mr. Lvingstone, I am so grateful as he inspired me (instead of taking the Vision Quest when I turned 18 at risk of life) to read books by Paulo Coelho and Frank Herbert.

Though Alchemy, I discovered magick, metaphysics, meditation, energy healing, mystery schools, emotional neutrality, equanimity, and a nack for learning languages. Not to mention, it's so much better than Math and Science (both of which were favorite subjects of mine)...but only because Alchemy involves Faith and Intention. Through this practice, I offer channeled formulas and use tools to facilitate healing.

Naturally as an Alchemist and a Shamanic Herbalist, I learned Aromatherapy, Energy Healing, Botanical Medicine, Astrology, Human Design, Yoga, Chi Gung, Tai Chi, Kung Fu, Gardening, Landscaping, taking care of plants and other lifeforms, Team work, ritual, channeling, chanting, sound healing, and how to read energetic messages around an individual...to make a potion or elixir of their Highest Potential.

To date, my favorite hat is that of Teacher (Metaphysics and Holistic Health), Friend and Organizer for Community. With amazing grace and gratitude for my teacher Thaddeus Wilson (http://www.momenteer.com), I am discovering a powerful hat called Energy Healer...(but maybe when you try some of my sessions you will be more apt to call me Energy Medicine Man and Healer---or channel for Source).

I am grateful for the opportunity to wear these hats as they make the Masks of Son, Lover, Hero, and Warrior so much easier to bare.

What masks and hats are you wearing? Do you wear them at our events? Maybe we'll see you at the Massage Party tonight at Lori's Lavender Lounge in Carlsbad at 7pm. If so, will it be you or your Mask on the table!?!

Namaste,

Trevahr Hughes
Yogi, Neo-Shaman, Alchemist, Aromatherapist

760-710-1713
WakingWithin@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become a Shamanic Priest or Priestess ~ 7 day Thanksgiving Retreat

PLANT SPIRIT WISDOM, SHAMANIC MEDICINE PATH and Priest(ess) Intensive offered through the OSS This is a rare (and limited) opportunity to take part in 7 days of combined learning, nature, ritual and ceremonies with three of the worlds most powerful and important teacher plants: Saint Ysidro, Saint Peter and the Shepherdess. The course includes three ceremonies, hiking and daily outdoor activities, Shamanic storytelling and Socratic Method Teaching.  Training includes: ~Native Sweat Lodge Ceremony ~Daily Nature and Cave Hikes ~Intro to Soul Retrieval ~Power Animal Communion ~Daily Musical Journeys ~Salvia Divinorum Ceremony  ~Book Study from:  The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner AND   Awakening to the Spirit World by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman ~Daily Healthy Meals ~Hot/Cold Tubs and Steam Room Please email me for an information pack, questions, scholarships or donations: WakingWithin@gmail.com _______________________________________________ Wha

Yoga Swami and Encinitas History

Readers and Yoga Adventurers, Just recently called the Yoga Mecca of the USA, Encinitas CA and Yoga Swami (where I teach two days a week) are special and are a must visit for any yoga adventurers. See the article in the winter 2008 copy of the Encinitas magazine. http://www.encinitasmag.com/about.html Encinitas, Swami's Surf Spot, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and Leucadia...can be consider spiritual vortex hotspots. This evident in the number of places to worship just on the coast (west of hwy 101) near the cliffside beachs or Swami's and Moonlight. So my mother's family (mexican americans) lived in Encinitas during the period of time when Paramahansa Yogananda (the Swami that Swami's is named after). This time period was about the 1930's- 1940's. At this time Encinitas, was well liked by Swami Yogananda and he settled there for sometime. Swami Yogananda was a capricorn and he was a very involved meditator and yoga practicioner. His foundation still exists in E

Dreaming in the Dark Times 4: Mold and Sage

  Article: Mold and Sage Series: Dreaming in the Dark Times Many times growing up in Southern California have I communed with White Sage (Salvia Apiana). It grew in my hometown. It grows on the property that my family and I own in Aguanga, CA. I learned to pick it and bundle it before I was fully initiated into manhood (sometime between my first sexual experience and my first sweat lodge with a Lakota Medicine woman). I recently made some Dreaming Jaguar smokes at my old job site (Happy High Herbs/Rainbow Bliss Botanicals in Tempe AZ) and included white sage but wasn’t able to continue making them because of the popularity of this herb and the trouble keeping it in stock. I really just included it for flavor then. I had forgotten all the dreams I had of the sage fields before. In the last week, for the first time in many human years, I returned to my family land and the sage fields. I made offerings of guardianship and good will towards the sage plants on my land and collected a modest