Skip to main content

Day Five Juice Fast--Hugh's Experience

Readers,

For the last few days (since Sunday) I have been involving my normal working life with a Juice Fast in order the detoxify and cleanse my body's systems. I am happy to undergo this journey on the premise of helping others go through this activity. Since I am a yoga teacher, I believe in making life and living a flexible experience. Juice fasting is new for me. In fact, at the maximum weight of 140 lbs, I have never wanted to fast because I was afraid of losing too much weight.

I have to say it's day five and I am perfectly fine (and carrot juice has become my best friend)! So, I am absolutely recommending this sort of thing. Some of my other friends and associates from Waking Within are fasting with me and it feels great to have support. Most of the dreams and daily activites are shared experience and my friends and I talk everyday. So, before getting into the sales pitch stuff about how great this is, let me tell you more about days one through four.



Day One: Easy day. The main thing that I notice about myself on day one was how much tension and effort the mind puts me through in order to "take me to food," "get me to go to food," "find food," "buy food," "consider different ways of preparing food of eating," and "subliminal warnings me about how it's not good to skip meals/snacks."

Day Two: A harder day. I definitely wanted to sleep on Tuesday night. I wanted to maintain my usual schedule though, so I simply pushed my energy through the day. I could feel by now what was "me", what were "my thoughts", what were the "thoughts of others", and what were my "emotions". I realized that this division started on Monday night, when I experienced strange old emotions of buried anger. This anger was not intentional and did not seem to know what direction to head in. After about two hours of yoga poses and breathing (I teach on Monday), this emotion was gone. The experience re-started on in the morning then was replaced with a feeling of emptiness. This also forwards my philosophical theory that our mind/body/spirit existence contains weather formations that last a limited period of time--we in the west call them emotions. Like weather formations, emotions change and transform not just themselves but the earth which coresponds to the Self in this theory.

Day Three: Observance. This was by far the most interesting day... I was able to hit an all time low feeling but at the same time I was no longer associating any of my feelings with me as a being. I came to understand perspectives such as the Observer or the Witness. Nothing could be "done" to me at this point because I know that "me or that which I am" was outside the body/mind of Trevor R. Hughes. I had some out of body moments on this day which I consider sacred and will comment on only when asked in person.

Day Four: Senses. I was literally running into auras or human energy fields. This process started yesterday but became more recognizable on day Four. This caused me to intend to only approach those people who felt clear and clean in their energy field. I am slightly antisocial with my roommates and they view my fast as negative...but none of them are doing regular yoga or paying any attention to "what the level of cleaniness of the things that they put into there bodies is."

Hugh T Alchemy
(I am drinking about a half gallon of water a day, too.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become a Shamanic Priest or Priestess ~ 7 day Thanksgiving Retreat

PLANT SPIRIT WISDOM, SHAMANIC MEDICINE PATH and Priest(ess) Intensive offered through the OSS This is a rare (and limited) opportunity to take part in 7 days of combined learning, nature, ritual and ceremonies with three of the worlds most powerful and important teacher plants: Saint Ysidro, Saint Peter and the Shepherdess. The course includes three ceremonies, hiking and daily outdoor activities, Shamanic storytelling and Socratic Method Teaching.  Training includes: ~Native Sweat Lodge Ceremony ~Daily Nature and Cave Hikes ~Intro to Soul Retrieval ~Power Animal Communion ~Daily Musical Journeys ~Salvia Divinorum Ceremony  ~Book Study from:  The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner AND   Awakening to the Spirit World by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman ~Daily Healthy Meals ~Hot/Cold Tubs and Steam Room Please email me for an information pack, questions, scholarships or donations: WakingWithin@gmail.com _______________________________________________ Wha

Yoga Swami and Encinitas History

Readers and Yoga Adventurers, Just recently called the Yoga Mecca of the USA, Encinitas CA and Yoga Swami (where I teach two days a week) are special and are a must visit for any yoga adventurers. See the article in the winter 2008 copy of the Encinitas magazine. http://www.encinitasmag.com/about.html Encinitas, Swami's Surf Spot, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and Leucadia...can be consider spiritual vortex hotspots. This evident in the number of places to worship just on the coast (west of hwy 101) near the cliffside beachs or Swami's and Moonlight. So my mother's family (mexican americans) lived in Encinitas during the period of time when Paramahansa Yogananda (the Swami that Swami's is named after). This time period was about the 1930's- 1940's. At this time Encinitas, was well liked by Swami Yogananda and he settled there for sometime. Swami Yogananda was a capricorn and he was a very involved meditator and yoga practicioner. His foundation still exists in E

Dreaming in the Dark Times 4: Mold and Sage

  Article: Mold and Sage Series: Dreaming in the Dark Times Many times growing up in Southern California have I communed with White Sage (Salvia Apiana). It grew in my hometown. It grows on the property that my family and I own in Aguanga, CA. I learned to pick it and bundle it before I was fully initiated into manhood (sometime between my first sexual experience and my first sweat lodge with a Lakota Medicine woman). I recently made some Dreaming Jaguar smokes at my old job site (Happy High Herbs/Rainbow Bliss Botanicals in Tempe AZ) and included white sage but wasn’t able to continue making them because of the popularity of this herb and the trouble keeping it in stock. I really just included it for flavor then. I had forgotten all the dreams I had of the sage fields before. In the last week, for the first time in many human years, I returned to my family land and the sage fields. I made offerings of guardianship and good will towards the sage plants on my land and collected a modest